The Ministry of Education and Science IS RECRUITING independent experts pursuant to the Regulations’ Art 7
On 18.09.2015 the Regulations on the monitoring and evaluation of research activities performed by higher education institutions and science organizations, as well as the activities of the National Science Fund, (entered into force (SG, issue 72 of 18.09.2015.
The Regulations introduce state-of-the-art international standards on research activities based on a certain number of quantifiable science-metric indicators, which will enable a transparent, independent, and fair evaluation of the actual science competence of science organizations under three fundamental criteria – research outputs, science capacity, national and international identifiability.
Pursuant to the Regulations’ Art 7, Para’s 1 and 2, the monitoring, evaluation, and analysis of research activities carried out by the science organizations and the activities of the NSF will be performed by commissions of independent experts appointed by virtue of the Minister of Education and Science’s order.
In that context, the Ministry of Education and Science IS RECRUITING independent experts, who, pursuant to the Regulations’ Art 8, Para 1, must meet the following requirements:
- have experience in the setting up, governance, and evaluation of science policies and organizations;
- be habilitated scholars with Hirsch index (h) different from zero;
- have publications in the course of the last 5 years in referenced and indexed science journals, as reported in the databases referenced in Art. 6, Para 1, Sec 1;
- have experience in the implementation and/or management of national and/or international science projects in the course of the last 5 years.
Ineligible to become members of the Commission referenced in the Regulations’ Art. 7, Para 1 are individuals, who hold or have held during the reporting period the following management positions:
- rectors and faculty deans of higher education institutions and their deputies;
- the chair, deputy chairs, Management Board members, the chief science secretary of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and the science secretaries by divisions;
- the chair, deputy chairs, Management Board members, and the chief science secretary of the Agriculture Academy;
- directors of science institutes of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and the Agriculture Academy.
No individuals, who hold or have held during the reporting period the positions of CEO of the Fund, Chair and members of the Executive Board and the temporary and standing science expert commissions of the Fund, are eligible for appointment as members of the Commission referenced in Art. 7, Para 2.
The Commission members must hail from the science areas identified in Appendix 1 to Art 9, Para 2 of the Regulations – liberal sciences and arts; social, business, and legal sciences; natural sciences, mathematics, and informatics; technical sciences; agrarian sciences and veterinary medicine; healthcare and sport.
Documents required for application:
- CV in europass format;
- Documents evidencing the experience and the requirements under Art. 8, Para 1 of the Regulations.
Applicants should indicate to which of the two commissions apply.
The deadline to file application documents is 11.04.2016.
Documents have to be submitted to the registry office of the Ministry of Education and Science, 1000 Sofia, 2A, Knyaz Dondukov Blvd., the "Sciencе Directorate " and to the following e-mails: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.