MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
The activities of the Ministry of Education and Science (MES) are based on the principles of legality, proportionality – rationality, conscientiousness and equity, independence, and impartiality, accessibility, publicity and transparency, continuity and predictability, responsibility and accountability, efficiency, subordination and co-ordination, confidentiality, and integrated administrative servicing.
This Charter contains information about:
- The administrative services performed by the Ministry of Education and Science;
- The integrated administrative services being provided;
- The objectives set forth by the Ministry of Education and Science in the area of administrative servicing;
- Administrative services quality standards;
- Opinion polls among customers of administrative services (customers) on improving and reporting activities aimed at standard implementation;
- The customers’ rights and responsibilities;
- The arrangements for handling alerts, proposals and appeals in connection with the administrative services.
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES LEGISLATION
- Administrative Procedure Code.
- Administration Act.
- Civil Service Act .
- Personal Data Protection Act.
- Public Education Act.
- Access to Public Information Act.
- Vocational Education and Training Act.
- Higher Education Act.
- Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents Ratification Act.
- Administrative Services Ordinance
- Ministry of Education and Science Structural Regulation
- Tariff rates charged by the Ministry of Education and Science.
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES PERFORMED BY THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
- Issuance of APOSTILLE certificate to educational and certifying documents issued by institutions within the public education system – unique identifier according to the Registry of Services No 1642.
- Issuance of APOSTILLE certificate to educational and certifying documents issued by higher education institutions in Republic of Bulgaria – unique identifier according to the Registry of Services No 921.
- Issuance of APOSTILLE certificate to educational and certifying documents issued by the Ministry of Education and Science and its units – unique identifier according to the Registry of Services No 1375.
- Issuance of certificate for the acquisition of the rights of education and qualification degree holders by citizens who graduated from college or higher schools before 27.12.1995 or from higher schools in the country with a ‘specialist in …’ qualification degree. (The certificate is issued to Bulgarian and foreign citizens to be used abroad.) – unique identifier according to the Registry of Services No 1177.
- Establishing, transformation and changes of private kindergartens and schools – unique identifier according to the Registry of Services No 1603.
- Issuance of social security income certificate (УП-2) – unique identifier according to the Registry of Services No 2134.
- Issuance of certificate for insurance service (УП-3), including issuance of УП-3 Certificate to regular PhDs for acquired experience abroad – unique identifier according to the Registry of Services No 2133.
- Clarification of the differences between an issued social security income certificate (УП-2) and information about the insured individual from the information system of the National Social Security Institute – unique identifier according to the Registry of Services No 3.
- Granting access to public information – unique identifier according to the Registry of Services No 2.
- Consultations, where a natural or a legal person has legal standing, regarding an administrative law regime, which is provided by virtue of a statutory instrument or where related to the issuance of an administrative act or to the provision of another administrative service – unique identifier according to the Registry of Services No 1.
INTEGRATED ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
- Issuance of APOSTILLE certificate on a certificate for the acquisition of the rights of education and qualification degree holders by citizens who graduated from college or higher schools before 27.12.1995 or from higher schools in the country with a ‘specialist in …’ qualification degree, and on educational and certifying documents issued by higher education institutions in Republic of Bulgaria – include three administrative services provided by MES.
- Issuance of APOSTILLE certificate on a Certificate of acquired professional qualifications in non-regulated professions on the territory of Republic of Bulgaria required for access or for pursuit of regulated profession on the territory of another country – performed jointly with the National Center for Information and Documentation.
- Verification and issuance of APOSTILLE certificate on educational documents issued by the state higher education arts and culture institutions – performed jointly with the Ministry of Culture.
AIMS OF THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE IN THE FIELD OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
- To facilitate citizens and legal entities (customers of administrative services) in obtaining information about the types of administrative services and the corresponding standard application forms, as well as the deadlines for their performance.
- To provide professional advice to customers about the mandatory set of documents necessary for the performance of each administrative service.
- To enhance the quality of the administrative services provided.
- To apply integrated administrative servicing when rendering administrative services.
- To eliminate any possibilities of corruption by restricting direct contact between the service applicant and the Ministry back-office employee who is actually responsible for the service provision.
- To alleviate as much as possible administrative procedures.
- To create an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect between customers and employees at the administrative service unit (the front-office).
- To exercise objective control on the activities of employees at the departments (the back-office) of the Ministry of Education and Science in charge of administrative services.
- To co-ordinate and interact with all parties interested in the improvement of administrative services, guaranteeing parity of results under the same circumstances.
- To meet the administrative services requirements in consistence with afore drawn and announced rules.
MANDATORY QUALITY STANDARDS FOR ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
- In performing their formal obligations, every employee shall carry a badge with their photo and information as to their name, position, administration unit and department they belong to.
- In telephone conversations every state administration employee shall identify themselves by their first and family name.
- The deadline for responding to an inquiry related to administrative services received by post or e-mail shall be 7 days and, in case inspection on site or the opinion of another administrative authority is needed - 14 days.
- The time limit for a customer to receive information and/or submit documents at the administrative service unit (the front-office) shall be no more than 20 minutes.
- Seating and suitable conditions for elderly, pregnant, and disabled persons shall be provided in the work premises where administrative servicing is carried out.
OWN STANDARDS ON THE QUALITY OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICING
- Front-office employees should be polite, kind and helpful to customers.
- Employees should address complaints and issues raised in confidentiality.
- The Ministry of Education and Science treats all customers equally by providing equal access to services irrespective of social status, education, gender, age, ethnic affiliation, denomination.
- Employees provide well-defined, intelligible, comprehensive and precise information necessary for the solution of each customer’s problem.
- The Ministry of Education and Science ensures transparency of administrative services.
- The Ministry of Education and Science observes correctly the announced deadlines for the performance of each administrative service.
- The Ministry of Education and Science provides versatile and suitable ways to submit propositions, complaints and commendations.
- The Ministry of Education and Science aspires to providing professionalism in its activities.
- The Ministry of Education and Science employees should be vigilant, flexible and adaptable under various circumstances.
- The Ministry of Education and Science counteracts any attempt at corruption and other illegal activities.
- The Ministry of Education and Science employees avoid conflict situations and, if need be, apply their skills to settle them.
- The Ministry of Education and Science employees should be seeking alternative solutions to customers’ problems.
- The Ministry of Education and Science employees should be intolerant to insults and threats of physical assault on customers’ behalf.
INSTRUMENTS FOR CUSTOMER FEEDBACK AIMING TO IMPROVE AND ADVANCE ACCOUNTABILITY OF STANDARDS APPLICATION
- The feedback from customers is gathered by collecting and analyzing questionnaires, opinions, signals and propositions, submitted by the free around the clock telephone for citizens, posted on the ministry’s Internet site, as well as via email.
- Feedback from customers is received through questionnaires, opinion boxes and comments, free around the clock telephone for citizens, and email.
- Direct contacts with customers to obtain advice, opinions, and recommendations.
Each customer shall be entitled to:
- Receive administrative servicing in compliance with the MES-published quality standards;
- Voice an opinion, proposition, and commendation on the good implementation of general and in-house administrative services standards or to object any failure in their performance.
- To treat the employees respectfully and do not exhibit aggressive behavior;
- To be attentive and kind to the other customers;
- To comply with the opening hours announced;
- To provide comprehensive and precise information, required to perform the requested service;
- To notify in due time about any changes in the circumstance relating to the request filed.
ARRANGEMENTS FOR HANDLING ALERTS, PROPOSALS AND APPEALS
As per the Administrative Procedure Code, the filing of requests, alerts, proposals, and appeals shall be performed:
- at the MES Reception Room, address at: 2A, Knyaz Dondukov Blvd., city of Sofia, any business day, within the opening hours;
- via mail at the following address: 2A, Knyaz Dondukov Blvd., city of Sofia;
- via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
No existence of any personal and direct legitimate interest shall be required for the filing of any proposal or alerts.
The Ministry of Education and Science replies to all requests, appeals, alerts and proposals in writing within the deadlines set in the Administrative Procedure Code.
No proceedings shall be initiated on anonymous proposals and alerts, as well as on alerts alleging infringements committed more than 2 years ago.
The Internet site of the Ministry of Education and Science at: www.mon.bg gives information on the telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for contacts with the Ministry and its employees.
- Front-office – from 8.30 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. nonstop every workday.
- Reception Room at the Ministry of Education and Science – from 08.30 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. every workday.
THIS CHARTER IS OPEN TO AMENDMENTS AND ADDITIONS, IN ALIGNMENT WITH LEGISLATIVE CHANGES AND CUSTOMER’ NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS.