Third call for proposals 2010/2011 academic year
Third call for proposals 2010/2011 academic year
THE EEA FINANCIAL MECHANISM PROGRAMME
THIRD CALL FOR PROPOSALS 2011/2012ACADEMIC YEAR
22 AUGUST 2011
The International and European Cooperation Directorate of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Science is the Intermediary of Project BG0057 “Development of Reliable Mobility Schemes Using EEA FM Grants”. The overall objective of the project is to promote education and research, and to contribute to human resource development in Bulgaria.
Under this project a Scholarship Fund is established. Its purpose is to strengthen the cooperation between Bulgaria and the EEA EFTA states Norway and Iceland in the field of higher education and research by providing mobility scholarships to students, teachers and administrative staff representatives from Bulgarian higher education institutions, and researchers from Bulgarian scientific organizations to deliver lectures, exchange best practices, carry out research and participate in conferences and seminars in the EEA EFTA states.
The activities of the Scholarship Fund are open to all academic fields.
UNDER THE THIRD CALL ONLY THE FOLLOWING MEASURE IS TO BE IMPLEMENTED:
Measure b) Mobility of teachers and administrative staff representatives from higher education institutions, as well as of researchers and administrative staff, representatives from scientific organizations, for the purposes of delivering lectures, exchanging best practices, conducting research and participating in conferences and seminars in one of the EEE EFTA countries.
Measure b): Teachers, administrative staff representatives and researchers from accredited state and private higher education institutions, and scientific organizations in Bulgaria. Host institutions in the EEA EFTA countries should be officially recognized/accredited higher education/research institutions.
Applicants under Measure b): with scholarships awarded under the First and the Second Call are eligible.
The scholarship amount consists of a lump sum of 1700 € for the first week and of 400 € per every following week. Where applicable, participation fees of up to 600 € could be included in the scholarship amount, on the basis of real costs.
Under this measure the subsistence, travel and insurance costs have to be covered from the lump sums.
DURATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Minimum duration is 1 week; maximum duration is up to 4 weeks
HOST INSTITUTION FINDING
The following EEA EFTA institutions and organizations would be glad to support the Scholarship Fund activities implementation:
Iceland: For cooperation with Icelandic institutions, the Islandic Center for Research (RANNIS) has been appointed to act as a contact point. RANNIS will assist, inform and guide interested parties, who seek potential cooperation and other opportunities for research or exchange of experience. For further information, please visit: the Islandic Center for Research (RANNIS):
Norway: For cooperation with Norwegian institutions and organisations, the main contact point in the areas of education and training is the Norwegian Centre for Cooperation in Higher Education (SIU). SIU is the National Agency for the Lifelong Learning Programme (LLP), the Erasmus Mundus Programme, the E-Learning Programme.
For research – energy, resources, environment and innovations, the Research Council of Norway is the main point of contact. Interested parties may turn to these two institutions for guidance and assistance in starting up and/or carrying out activities within the framework of the Scholarship Fund, including finding relevant cooperation partners and hosting conferences and seminars.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PRESENT CALL
Under the Scholarship Fund an open call is published for the programme period June 2011-April 2012. The call is open for 2 months.
The amount envisaged under the present call is 275 000 EUR.
All activities under measure b) should be finalized by 30th April 2012.
- The applicant should be a Bulgarian citizen, a citizen of another EU member state, or an EEA EFTA state
- The applicant should be a teacher from an accredited higher education institution, a researcher from a scientific organization in Bulgaria or an administrative staff representative from an accredited higher education institution or a scientific organization in Bulgaria;
- The applicant has received an official invitation from the host institution in Norway, or Iceland .
Prior participation in this call all applicants must study the key documents for participation in the activities of the EEA Financial mechanism available on www.eeagrants.org.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED TO THE HOME INSTITUTION
- An application form (template)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A copy of the identity document
- A motivation letter (max. 1 page)
- A copy of the labour contract
- A recommendation letter from the applicant’s work place
- A list of research and publications (where applicable)
- An invitation in English from the mobility organizer or host institution in the EEA EFTA country (The Invitation should carry the name and the surname of the applicant, the name of the host institution and the period of stay)
- A declaration from the applicant that no financing will be received for the present mobility from other EU programs or Funds, as well as from Programs for academic and scientific exchange with the EEA EFTA states.
- A copy of an English language certificate
- A recent photo (3/4 cm)
The selection procedure is organized by the Intermediary in cooperation with Bulgarian higher education institutions/scientific organizations. It is based on a 2-stage model.
The first stage is carried out by the Bulgarian higher education institutions/scientific organizations (home institution). Applicants submit their applications to their home institution which will arrange for their assessment, including administrative compliance assessment, eligibility assessment and quality assessment. The home institution selects their teachers/administrative staff representatives/researchers using the selection criteria given below.
The second stage is carried out by the Intermediary. The applications are to be submitted to the Intermediary by the higher education institutions/scientific organizations by the deadline given below. The Intermediary arranges for their further assessment (document check and interview) by a Selection Committee, which includes administrative compliance assessment, eligibility assessment and quality assessment. The latter shall be based on the selection criteria specified below. The Selection Committee makes proposals for selected candidates before the Minister of Education, Youth and Science who approves the candidates and their grants.
For overall information about the opportunities for participation in the Scholarship Fund, the applicants may contact the respective higher education institutions/scientific organizations (institutional coordinators) or the members of the Intermediary:
- Mrs. Iliana Hristova – A head of the Intermediary - [email protected]
- Mrs. Stefka Topalova – [email protected]
- Mrs. Mimi Daneva - [email protected]
- Mrs. Ina Popova - [email protected]
- Motivation (a motivation letter, a personal interview)
- Professional experience
- Teaching experience (recommendations, awards) (where applicable)
- Research activities and results obtained (a list of research and publications, recommendations) (where applicable)
- Relevance of the research topics and scientific contribution to the European Research Area
- An English language level
24 October 2011 Submission of applications to the home institution
4 November 2011 Submission to the Intermediary of the applications of the candidates selected by the home institutions