Approved projects - Component 2
Project: BG06-202 "Together we can do more - to improve the welfare of children at risk in the municipality Mezdra"
Budget: 220 194 euro
Main objective: Improving the welfare of the children at risk in the municipality Mezdra, by creating a suitable environment for the conduct of the educational process as a precondition for successful social and educational integration of children with disabilities.
Project: BG06-210 „Chance for Social Inclusion of Children in the Municipalities of Smyadovo and Vetrino“ – Municipality of Smyadovo
Budget: 228 940 euro
The main objective of the project: The main project goal is the improvement of the access to education and better opportunities for development of social skills of 172 children (at the age of 3 to 6) from Roma communities and vulnerable socially disadvantaged families, living in the Municipalities of Smyadovo and Vetrino, through involving in kindergartens and improving the quality of the education.
The specific project objectives and tasks are targeted at:
- Intercultural competences of teachers for working in multicultural environment in Smyadovo and Vetrino municipalities;
- Developing communication skills, motivation and knowledge of 338 children from local communities annually enrolled in the kindergartens;
- Creating conditions for equal start at school through learning of Bulgarian language by children from local communities and by children at risk of social exclusion and poverty aged 3-6 years in Smyadovo and Vetrino municipalities;
- Maintaining and developing the cultural identity of children from ethnic minorities with a special focus on Roma and socially excluded children;
- Creating of an effective model for supporting tolerance, self-esteem and friendship between children, as well as for attracting children from families at need and keeping them in the educational system by learning Bulgarian and Roma dances and mutual knowledge/exchange of traditions and cultural values.
Project partner: Vetrino Municipality
Project: BG06-211 „Establishment of Inclusive Environment for the Children at Risk from Pavlikeni Municipality" - Municipality of Pavlikeni
Budget: 221 525 euro
The main objective of the project: The main objective of the project is the improvement of the welfare of 264 children at risk of social exclusion through preservation and development of the cultural identity of the children of Roma origin in integrational multicultural environment, better preparation for school, including improvement of their social and language skills.
The project proposal plans to implement a complex approach to the making of inclusive environment for the children from the risk group through the implementation of innovative pedagogical practices – studying of Bulgarian in the process of participation in theatrical representations of folk tales, development of social skills and adaptation to the educational process via taking part in creative workshops – painting, singing and dancing and growing up of flowers and herbs;
The third measure is directed to the parents of the children from the risk group and it plans to raise the parental capacity for responsible parenthood and awareness of the value of education for the lifetime realization of their children and the selection of two Roma mediators.
Project partner: "Centre for Strategies on the Minorities' Issues" Association
Project: BG06-216 „Sustainable development through multicultural education - support for children at risk in Sredets municipality“ - Municipality of Sredets
Budget: 225 328 euro
The main objective of the project: The project aims at improving the wellbeing of children at risk in Sredets municipality aged 3-6 years old by creating a sustainable environment for social adaptation and educational integration which in the long run shall guarantee the improvement of the level of pre-school preparation for children from socially vulnerable groups, securing a stable environment for support of parents from disadvantaged background and avoidance of early school drop-outs among the youngest members of the community.
Project partner: Dialog Not for Profit organization
For more information, please visit: www.children-sredets.eu
Project: BG06 - 218 „Prevention and reintegration of children at risk" – Municipality of Isperih
Budget: 225 391 euro
Main goal of the project: Better preparation for school of children from vulnerable groups, including Roma children; better social skills of children aged 3-6 years; better language skills of children who speak different language than Bulgarian.Activities are also directed to children disposed at social exclusion risk due to poverty and insufficient preparation for school classes through measures in the field of education and upbringing starting from their early age.
Project partner: Non-Profit Organization "Women Alternative for Independence, Ethnic Tolerance and Association"
For more information, please visit: http://decavrisk.isperih.bg/
Project: BG06-219 "Chance to every child" of Municipality of Kavarna - Municipality of Kavarna
Budget: 224 854 euro
Main objective: It is better preparation for school for vulnerable children, including Roma, better social skills of children aged 3-6 years with better language skills in children who speak languages other than Bulgarian. Kavarna population is mostly of minority groups, villages in the vicinity gradually depopulated and the level of development is reduced. Project activities are focused entirely on children at risk of social exclusion due to poverty and poor preparation for school classes.
Project: BG06-221 „A creative space for young and older of Municipality of Sliven – Municipality of Sliven
Budget: 220 578 euro
Main objective: The main goal of the project is to improve the social integration and the preparation for school of the children from different ethnic groups and economically disadvantaged children.
- Improving the social skills of the children and parents, support and facilitate the access to school;
- Discovery and development of the individual skills of the children in the field of art, history and literature;
- Care for each child as a unique personality and increasing his self-esteem and self-confidence
Project partner: CC-Intro AS
For more information, please visit: http://sliven.bg/index.csp?f=prioproj
Project BG06-233 „Supporting preparation for school of children at vulnerable position in the age group of 3 to 6 years, through improving access to quality pre-school education and social activities for poor children and disadvantaged children in the mu
Budget: 231 802 euro
The main objective of the project: The main objective of the projectis to help improve the preparation of school vulnerable children in the age group of 3 to 6 years , by improving access to quality pre-school education and social activities for poor children and disadvantaged children in the municipality of Pleven
Project partner: Bulgarian - Norvegian association, Oslo, Norway
For more information, please visit: http://bg06-233-pleven.info/
Project: BG06-236 „Development of children at risk and support for education in the Municipality of Sadovo“, on the program BG06 " Children and youth at risk ", financed on the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area 2009 – 2014 –Municipality of Sadovo
Budget: 220 633 euro
The main objective of the project:
The project is aimed at social inclusion and involvement in the educational system of children at risk of dropping out of kindergartens in the Municipality Sadovo. The activities will identify children at risk of dropping out, and will be held events with them and their parents to stimulate interest in learning to overcome psychological difficulties and achieve effective social inclusion.
To realize these activities will promote the active interaction of parents and children, teachers, experts, mediators and the local community. By participating in the project pedagogical specialists and Roma educational mediators will form practical skills for working with children in risk.
In result will contribute to a deeper mutual acceptance and active participation of children from minority communities will promote ethnic tolerance and understanding of other cultures and support the integration and prevention of dropping out of school children at risk of Roma Municipality Sadovo.
For more information, please visit: http://youth-sadovo.info/
Project: BG06-242 Let's Express Ourselves- Sofia Municipality
Budget: 231 916 euro
The main objective of the project: Create an effective mechanism, within seven kindergartens, aiming at the socialization and educational integration, preparation for and adaptation to school activity, and increase in motivation to participate in the educational process as regards children aged 3 to 6 years coming from vulnerable groups exposed to the risk of social exclusion and poverty, including those of Roma and / or other group, through a Programme intended for work with children in a multicultural environment, including socio- psychological, educational and creative activities for working with the children, establishing partnerships with families, local communities, civil society and local government structures.
Main target group in this project proposal are children from vulnerable groups at risk of social exclusion and poverty, including those of Roma and / or other ethnic group, from seven kindergartens in 5 districts inside the Sofia Municipality: " Lulin " " Ilinden ", " Slatina ", " Serdica ", " Kremikovci ." The total number of children educated therein is 1095 children, of which: 359 come from socially needy families, incl. of Roma and / or other ethnic group (other than Bulgarian).
Project partner: Animus Association
Foundation “Diverse and equal” Association
Project title: BG06-243 "Equal access to children at risk to pre-school and intercultural education through attractive training, new approach and better kindergartens facilities in Ruse Municipality" – Municipality of Ruse
Budget: 224 780 euro
Main objective of the project: The overall project objective is to create attractive facilities in 5 kindergartens in the Municipality of Ruse, to introduce modern teaching methods for pre-school children with disabilities, including Roma, to implement integrated approaches to working with children and parents through various forms intercultural education and to achieve sustained convergence between children from different social groups in a multicultural environment integration.
Specific objectives of the project:
- Improvement of facilities in kindergartens under the project and create attractive conditions for breeding, education and pre-school children from the community, with a focus on the Roma ethnic group;
- Creating equal opportunities for preschool and social inclusion of children at risk in the Municipality of Ruse;
- To achieve a higher success rate in pre-school children from the risk social groups of Roma origin;
- Introduction of modern training programs, interactive methods and informal education in kindergartens in the Municipality of Ruse;
- Development of various forms of intercultural education, easier way to innovation and high-tech solutions in pre-school children from the community;
- Full participation of parents of stigmatized social groups and ethnic minorities in the formation of long-term strategies for children, participation in clubs, school boards and working groups for the implementation of key projects for the Municipality of Ruse in education and integration policies;
- Implementation of an integrated approach and motivating activities for parents of children at risk for the inclusion of children and students from ethnic minorities to education and dropout prevention compulsory education ;
- Capacity building through forms of continuing education and training of teachers, to include component "intercultural competence";
- Build lasting relationships and peer networks with organizations in Norway and Liechtenstein for international collaboration and exchanges in the field of education between local governments, educational institutions for children at risk and their families;
- Development and expansion of relations between Bulgaria , Norway and Liechtenstein through common long-term programs for at-risk children through collaboration between parent clubs, NGOs, teachers, educational experts and Roma mediators;
- Formation of traditions convergence of various social communities in implementation of the directives in the field of education and cohesion policy.
Kongsberg Soroptimistklub, SI Union of Norway
B.A.R.N. – Barn Av Regnbuen Norge
For more information, please visit: http://bg06-243-ruse.com/bg/